The wait is over! With the release of USP General Chapter <797> on November 1, 2022, sterile compounding organizations can move forward with implementing a higher standard of patient care. This webinar will highlight the major changes to USP General Chapter <797>, focusing on beyond-use dating, personnel training and competencies, viable sampling, and quality management. Nuance changes that significantly impact sterile compounding operations will also be discussed.
• Identify the major chapter changes between the 2008 and 2022 version of USP <797>.
• Differentiate between Category 1, 2, and 3 compounded sterile preparations (CSPs) and list the specific requirements for each.
• Explain the requirements of the chapter-defined competencies.
• List the required frequencies for viable air and surface sampling, based on the Category of CSPs compounded.
• Describe the components of an effective sterile compounding quality management system.
Abby Roth, Founder, Pure Microbiology